Sunday 2 July 2017

Days 30 to 36 - Rest Week in Moosejaw

I had a fabulous week in Moosejaw. Before I tell you my time there, first I want to give a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this journey of mine. I'm always overwhelmed by the support that I've received personally and for  Victoria Hospice. I also find the encouragement and kind words that everyone is saying to be precious. Even though I can't always respond to everyone individually, these are energy boosts that keep me going. Of course, I also love cycling for cycling's sake, but having a sense of purpose really drives me forward. Without everyone support, I don't know if I would have been able to make it as far as I have, but I feel supported by everyone around me--I'm not alone!

Originally, I wanted to do something special in honor of my father and the support that I get in this journey makes me feel like I've succeeded. When I was in Moosejaw especially, I could feel how much everyone loved Randy-- it was almost as if they were channeling the love which they had for my father through their kind actions towards me and I really appreciate that. Also, after telling my story to strangers, people will spontaneously donate or just stop to tell me their own stories of personal challenges of losing others. Of course, the personal adventure of the trip is important to me, but it is a also a great opening point through which we can remember the great person who my father was and to discuss these difficult matters from a perspective of gratitude rather than loss.

I spent a nice week with family in Moosejaw. I went out with my cousins and visited my aunts and uncles. I also explored Moosejaw freely, walking around the city, getting to know more about it. I did tons of stuff but the highlight of the trip was family.

Finally I wanted to mention about the newspaper articles which were written in Moosejaw about the trip. It was nice. Thanks to auntie Wenda for setting this up.

First, I was on page 7 of the Moosejaw Express. I was also in an article in the Moosejaw Times Herald .

I had a great week and was able to rest. Time to move on to Regina!

Rand's hometown
Beautiful Moosejaw
Trainyard
Going to the carshow
About to embark on a galaxy adventure 
The show from up high
Near the farm
Blue hills cemetery where Rand has a headstone
Blue hills
Briercrest
Sunset at briercrest
Sunset
Bridge
Team Ride for Rand
Back of Tee
Thanks for everything!
See you again!
Good kitty
Deadly delicious moon chips

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully put, Kane. Keep riding. You'll be eating amazing baguettes and drinking wine with Reg before you know it!

    ReplyDelete