Saturday 15 July 2017

Day 49 - Thunder Bay to Nipigon

Today  I finally left Thunder Bay  it was a good two days rest  but I was really glad to get back on the road again.  Fortunately it was sunny outside  and I could enjoy some really nice cycling  out of Thunder Bay  semicolon even though it was a little bit hilly .  After cycling some kilometers,  I made it to  the Terry Fox Memorial outside of the city .  The Terry Fox Memorial  looks out onto the bay and  commemorates Terry Fox's efforts  to  cross the country.  I heard that Thunder Bay  was the place where Terry Fox  had to end his journey and  seeing the giant memorial  I was more determined than ever to continue mine. 
 
While I was at the memorial I met two people who had just driven from the east coast and we're returning back to Duncan .  When I get back there I hope to go camping with them . They were really nice and offered me a sandwich. Anyway,  I continued on my trip  and  was cycling towards Nipigon Bay  when suddenly a familiar ping sound happened.  It was my fifth spoke  and there was nothing else to do except continue to cycle .  With no  bike shops between Thunder Bay and Sault Ste. Marie  the only thing I could do was hold out and try to repair the bike as best as I could.  For now, however,  all I could do  was find a campground  and then hopefully repair my bike tomorrow .  

Reaching the campsite at dusk I cycled 110 km total.  The bugs were out and I was racing against the clock to put up my tent.

Road Outta Town

Beautiful Bay
The Monument
The Story
Nice view
River
ping - uh oh. 
glowing red hills
hills

No comments:

Post a Comment