Sunday 2 July 2017

Day 47 / 48 - Thunder Bay

I woke up at Allen's place just outside of Thunder Bay, Ontario. Allen was my host through the program Warm Showers. He was really kind and hospitible, and I enjoyed chatting with him.

We ate some breakfast and I played the guitar a little bit and the two of us even jammed--he played the guitar and I played the ukulele. Unfortunately, the weather in Thunder Bay was less than perfect (thunderstorms) and I had to organize my travels using a weather radar online.

After it poured rain for some time, I eventually made it to Thunder Bay during a gap between rain showers. Being Canada Day, I went to downtown to see what was going on and there was a lot happening in Thunder Bay. There were bands playing, fireworks, food trucks--all sorts of stuff was happening.

I want to thank Ryan my cousin for everything that he has done including helping out by using his points to get me two nights at the Days Inn in Thunder Bay, after spending the time in the middle of nowhere being attacked by clouds of mosquitoes, the stay in the Days Inn was really nice refresher for me.

On the way back from the festivities, I met a group of students from Mexico who were staying in Thunder Bay and had been learning English through the local University. I think they enjoyed their time but they were saying that they had to go back to Mexico on the next day, so it seems like it was a short trip.

If it seems like food is a common topic in this blog well you're not wrong. Recently my hunger and appetite for food has been increasing to ridiculous levels.You would be surprised to hear the amount of food that I'm eating in one day. For example the day after Canada Day I started off by having simple breakfast of cereal, yogurt, orange juice, coffee, an apple, a banana, and a bagel. The Bagel had butter. Next I had a Clif Bar and half a bag of apricots. Then I went to Subway and got two footlongs for $15. The person ahead of me in line bought them for me wanting to surprise me. She ran out to her car really quickly so that I wouldn't have a chance to thank her for buying me the sandwiches. I had both subs that day. Then I went directly to Tim Hortons where I got a large Iced Capp and a donut. Later in the day I got a large coffee and two more donuts. When I get hungry sometimes I start to feel weak, but I ate well in Thunder Bay and was able to rest up well

On the way to Thunder Bay
Drying out my gear
Big clouds
I found this bowl of candy and great company
Getting Into a reflective mood
Harbour
i
Adorable couple... missing romantic moments like this...
Almost sunset
there it is... twilight...
good music
and fireworks...

No comments:

Post a Comment