Sunday 2 July 2017

Days 40 /41- Winnipeg

The previous day I had stayed with my host in Carberry Manitoba and the weather in the morning wasn't looking too good, so I had another big decision to make: should I accept a ride into Winnipeg?

I accepted the 100km ride in the end because I felt that this whole experience was about the journey, so I should keep an open mind. I had gone out of my way to seek beautiful vistas, not necessarily the fastest way to get from A to B. I even took my sweet time in British Columbia and spent my time slowly moving through the beautiful landscapes. Now, here I was, with friends who are willing to take me into Winnipeg when it was going to pouring rain outside all day, and my friend Tim from high school and his girlfriend Loree were waiting for me to stay with them. I decided it was more important to spend time with Tim and spend a good weekend rested and out of the rain; after all, who knows what will happen afterwards. Maybe I'll be stuck in the rain and this respite from the elements will be fondly remembered.

I really enjoyed my time in Winnipeg. Tim and Loree showed me around the city and I got to meet Loree's daughter Abby who is a bright young girl with a beautiful personality. We went on a boat ride in the Red River and I learned quite a bit about the history of the area. After a few days I decided I had better continue because 40 days had passed and I wasn't even halfway.

Thanks again to Angela and her family for eeverything!
Long time no see!
Supporting the ride for mental health
Event
Some finishers
Everyone finished around the same time
Delicious but expensive
My Cholesterol must be raising...
Meet Abby
Nice Day isnt it
Our view
Tim taking a picture
Of ducks
Sad moment
edit: On the boat tour

No comments:

Post a Comment