Sunday 2 July 2017

Day 39 - Grenfell to Griswold Manitoba ( Just outside of Brandon)

I woke up in Grenfell, Saskatchewan. The weather looked like it had improved quite a bit from the previous day. The wind was also still gusting to the east so all I had to do was get up, eat some breakfast and ride out the door to see my to get to Manitoba in no time at all. After rearranging my packs the owner of the motel knocked on my door and offered me some traditional Korean breakfast and I was very thankful. I really felt taken care of by the family there and if they are reading this I want to express my sincere thanks one more time.

The wind was gusting and as usual it did rain sometimes, but I was boogying down the road at 40km/hr--it was really nice. I made it to the Manitoba border in no time at all. I was having so much fun. Also I started to see trees again for the first time in a while. The landscape really started to change. Even though it was still really flat the tree line and some more features of the landscape made it really new and interesting for me to see Manitoba.

I had a host in Carberry, just east of Brandon Manitoba and my plan was to try to get as close as I could so that I wouldn't have to stay outside in the rain. When I told Angela my host, she agreed that it would be a good idea for me to stay over that night with her family even though it meant getting a ride from Brandon which is a little bit before Carberry.

I asked her to wait for me at 9 p.m. in Brandon and that around 7:30 while I was on my way there was a truck that pulled up next to me--it was them! On one hand part of me wanted to go the rest of the way to Brandon but I was also really relieved to get picked up and taken to their home so I could spend more time with them and before getting some rest.

On their farm, I met their family and spent a nice time rogether with the family, although it was short. I went to sleep rested and woke up feeling great. Thank you Angela and family for hosting me!

Yes, I did accept a ride to their home, but really, it's not like I didn't put in work on that day either. I managed to cycle 201 km before they picked me up near Griswold Manitoba.

Also dubious
Thanks for the food
A little band of blue 'cmon
Breaking up the clouds
Much better!
Layered clouds
Welcome to Manitoba!
Interesting Clouds
Cotton
My host family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment