Tuesday 18 July 2017

Day 55 - Lake Superior National Park to Montreal River

Today, I woke up to nice-looking Skies and a full day ahead of me in the National Park. I got ready for the day and as I was just about to set out, I met a guy who is driving across to the West and he gave me a lot of advice for around the Cape Breton area because he's also a cyclist. We shared some coffee and then I headed out on my trip.

I rode my bike through the park, stopping only to take pictures and a few times to stop at places where I could get coffee or ice cream. There were quite a few hills in the park and many beautiful vistas to be had. At the end of the park there's one huge hill before Montreal River, and my campsite was not too far after that. I arrived at my campsite not too long before dusk and I had the unique opportunity on this trip to set up a tarp in the rain. It's funny that the camp site cost about $40 as well. I was hoping for a little bit cheaper of a price, but at least they sold some food items there. I bought a block of cheese and some noodle soup and waited patiently as I cooked my can of soup directly over a fire and ate it. I went to sleep under my tarp and it actually wasn't too damp. Tomorrow will be sunnier...

Morning rabbit lake
Park
Lots of palettes like this
Beach
Beautiful coast
And still Rocky
At the Petroglyphs
Down by the rocks
I saw the sinking sun
And felt connected to ancient history
A calm moment alone
Amongst ancient drawings
Going up....
Top of the world
And back down to the bridge
Rain is on its way...
Hi again 
Nice afterglow when the rain slowed down
Camp site around the corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment