Thursday 1 June 2017

Day 14 - "The Bonanza" to Castlegar

With a fresh bike I decided to take on Mt. Paulson or  "the Bonanza" as it is often cslled. This is the second highest pass in Canada at 5000ft stretched over endless kilometers and then making a sharp incline at the end when legs are already numb from lactic acid flowing through them for hours. Bonus: the mountain had long lines of construction teams and had traffic  control, so I was frantically spinning away up a hill at 5km/h while people on the other side were waiting for me to get through so they could get their  turn. It was some great interval training to say the least.

The top was beautiful, and the Kootenays off in the distance were stunning!

In the end I decided to stay in an RV Park / campground which some friends, Daryl and Morrine suggested to me.

The people here were very kind! Kim at reception is also Blackfoot and after the chat we had, I'm seriously considering stopping through the Siksika Reservation on my way through Alberta.

Also I met Guillermo (William? ) and Eduardo . We all shared dinner together and exchanged stories about Mexico and life in general. It was great to have their company.

Wearing my favorite socks for the big hill
Long shadow = early. 
Thank you Schulli! 
Beautiful up..
Very beautiful up up
Many kilometers up up up
More kilometers up.....
Summit 5000 something something ft
Postcard?
Made it
Home sweet home
Castlegar

No comments:

Post a Comment