Sunday 11 June 2017

Day 26 - Calgary to Medicine Hat

YEEEEEHAWL!
Giddyup 'caHatuse it was a straight shot through Alberta.

With the wind at my back I made it from Calgary to Medicine Hat in one day.

Yes, I cycled 270km in one day-- the most I've ever gone in one day. The prairies are big, so I guess it's go big or go home!

First I took the 22x through the Siksika Reservation. It reminded me of the trip I made there when I was 17 and I wonder where all my biological relatives are.

I tested the wind moving north and almost got pushed off the road as I made my way through Gleichen and the business district of the reserve.

My bike swayed and croaked as the metal bent in the wind. My bike was a big parachute and I was going 45.

I had promised myself to ride the wind when I could in BC so I rode and rode.

At dusk the wind petered out and I kept on riding through in the dark.

At 11 I made it to my destination and a new personal record.

Destination Medicine Hat
Record: 270km in one day

I found a suitable ditch and went to sleep .
The clouds darkened and I looked at the stars as they were gradually overtaken. Nothing could go wrong here, right? .....

Goodbye Janet! 
Not so bad as long as I can stay ahead of the clouds
Flat
Long time no see
Uh oh
Now I'm rollin'
Coffee Break in the wind
I'm ahead now!
Not bad at all
Blue skies at dusk
Beautiful isnt it...
Darker than it appears in the picture
Approaching Medicine Hat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment