Thursday 1 June 2017

Day 15 - Castlegar to Nelson

Finally I made it to Castlegar. Maybe I just like the name because it has the word castle in it...

Anyway I pushed past Castlegar and started on my way to Nelson which I heard was really nice. Actually a lot of people said I'd fit right in there...

On the way suddenly I heard a *twang* sound from my back tire. It was another spoke!

I decided to push on to Nelson, riding slower than usual with my sketchy repair.

Eventually I made it and the bike shop which was recommended to me was busy, so I checked and there was another one which was way bettr. Gerick's cycle was really nice and they took care of my problem as well as showed me some tricks for repairing spokes in the  future. They gave me a good deal and suggested a great local place to eat.

Afterwards I slept in the in  the town campsite where I ran into trouble....

River outside Castlegar
Old bridge
On the way to Nelson
I lost a spoke :/
beautiful river
lunch in Nelson
Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment