Thursday 1 June 2017

Day 12/13 - Rock Creek to Lake Christina and Bike Repairs

After the 120km of the previous day,. D I continued along towards Castlegar. In the rolling hills of the boundary area, I sometimes went over 60km/h on the smooth declines.

It was about 30 degrees --again-- and I stopped in Greenview which was voted best tasting water in the world. I stopped to fill my canteen and I'm no connoisseu, but the water tasted pretty good!

I eventually made it to Grand Forks and bought supper at around 6. Lake Christina was only 15 kilometers away, so I started in that direction, but I was running out of gas.

Was there something wrong with me? Why was this so hard? Why am I going slower whike moving downhill?

I eventually reached my destination, a campsite called Schulli. The owner, Neil, was an avid cyclist and let me stay for a really good deal!

Then I checked my wheel; it had a wobble and I lost a spoke. My brakes were abrading against the tire the whole time from Grand Forks  so that's why I felt like I was out of gas. Anyway, it was another 110km making a total of 230km in 2 days plus one of the worst passes in BC (anarchist)

Neil phoned up his friend Brian who used to own a successful bike shop in Thunder Bay Ontario and he  came, picked up my wheel, fixed it, and dropped it off again for a low price. He gave me a lot of advice too.

After 2 days at the camp I continued on to the mountain pass...

Beautiful View
Along the water
High waters
On the way to Greenview
Welcome!
Best tasting water in the world
Made it
Making dinner
Boohoo... I have to spend an extra day
Christina Lake
Playing my Uke on the docks

No comments:

Post a Comment