Sunday 11 June 2017

Day 23 - Banff to SE Calgary

OnGoodbye ad again..Danika!he road again....

Zoom!

After saying goodbye to my kind hosts I continued along towards Calgary.

First stop was through Canmore. After eating my second breakfast at  McDonald's, I got my very own bicycle motorcade with a nice couple who cycled me into town. We had a nice chat and they showed me the shop that I needed to go to for a snack.

When I sat down to have my coffee, another cyclist came and told me about a group of people cycling the great divide (from Banff to Mexico along the Rockies)

We took pictures of each other's bikes and I couldn't believe that he was going to do 4500km on his light build. I could lift his bike with one hand! I'm sure he felt the same about my bike... 60kg is a lot.

Anyway I continued and the mountains gradually shifted to plains and I moved along the rolling hills up and down to Calgary.

Western Calgary was a little hard to say the least. It was all under construction so think --Kane merging his bikes into fast moving cars and trucks while avoiding jagged shards of glass--and you'll get the idea.

From Western Calgary I called Janet, my kind host for a few days and then started towards her home in South East Calgary.

In the end I did a solid 160km and was ready for a rest.

Odo update: 1500km cycled. Total altitude gain 13718m up while climbing BC
alrighty
Goodbye Banff
See you again!
goodbye mountains
Future awaits
Really nice path between Banff and Canmore
See you!
Really nice town
3rd Breakfast
Ill Look at this and always remember you cycled to mexico in a bike that I can lift with one arm-- gear included!
Wrong turn but worth it
Canmore
Looking back at the mountains
Looking Forward to the next step...
Calgary
Calgary up close
Almost there!
Made it to Janet's
Edit: Goodbye Cimone and Dannika!
Edit: Goodbye Kari and Darryl, thanks for hosting!
Edit: Trying to do a selfie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment