Tuesday 6 June 2017

Day 21 - Radium hotsprings to Banff

This was a biggie!
Not only am I celebrating 3 weeks of cycling, but I also did it over a beautiful landscape which sometimes felt like paradise; seeing dead forests and towering mountains somehow also somehow reminded me of Mordor from LOTR.

Anyway, I managed to go over both mountains of Kootenay National Park and Banff National Park and the long valley in between. It was stunning.

It was 140km including 2 mountain passes and crossed me over into Alberta.
I finally arrived to my destination at 11:30pm because of a slow start in the morning and the difficulty of the terrain, but I made it.

I made it to Alberta!!!

Late start
See you
Red brick road
Old man's house
Place of many faces
Valley
Mountains
It's the shoulder season
Shifting Weather
Surrounded by mountains
Closer
Big mountains
Giants all around
Lunch up ahead
Found a good spot for lunch
Another perspective - lunch
Cookstone
Refreshed, the road awaits
Glad we could sort out the weather
River & Dead trees
What happened to the forest?
Long selfie shadow
Peak
Sun tipped sentinals
Around dusk
Made it to Alberta!
Looking back
Looking ahead
Final embers of the sun over on the number one. Then it got dark!
Oops, forgot you: Just passed Radium Hotsprings

No comments:

Post a Comment