Tuesday 11 September 2018

Days 99 to 101 - Toronto

After spending the morning on the train, I finally arrived in Toronto where I met a long-time family friend Gail and then I went out with another friend, Samantha, and some of her friends around town. I spent the following day with Gail and her family and had a great time making sandwiches and provisions for the trip back home.

On the day I left I went downtown with Gail and arrived to check in all of my bags for the long haul back to Vancouver. I was surprised to hear that the train had been delayed for more than 12 hours, but my concern turned into delight as I discovered that the delay meant a free night in the historic Fairmont Royal York Hotel across from the train station in downtown Toronto. I felt so lucky.

As I waited in the line up meeting new faces, I knew my time in the train was going to be special.

 Welcome to Toronto!

 Creepy times in Toronto 
 Just kidding - having fun in Toronto with Samantha 
 Making sammiches for the trip back 
Very serious business. Days worth of sandwiches... DAYS
The train was delayed, but I could stay in the Royal York Hotel 

No comments:

Post a Comment