Tuesday 11 September 2018

Day 93 - Truro to Halifax

I woke up in the morning to wet ground. In the middle of the night there were some showers, but thankfully I put my tarp up beforehand. After getting ready, I went to Halifax via the highway and as I rode along the highway the weather gradually improved . The ride was nice; although some sections didn't have good shoulders. Before I knew it though, I was in the outskirts of the city which would take me home. It was the city where my train was waiting. When I got to the outskirts, the traffic suddenly started going crazy. The road became busier and busier and suddenly there was a sign which explicitly prohibited bicycles, so I had to back track from a hard to navigate area to get into the city. It was terrible city planning and I'm lucky to be alive. It reminded me of the time I almost had to enter the Massey Tunnel in the beginning of the trip because there wasn't a safe way for me to get out of the situation-- it appears that I had come full circle! So why were the roads absolutely CRAZY? It was because of a special promotion at McDonald's. They were offering 67 cent hamburgers (the price when the restaurant opened). That plus rush hour all mixed together into one big mess.  After having my fill too, I continued on to my destination where I stayed for the night. With a sense of gratitude, I had nice dreams and prepared for my mini-holiday in Halifax. 

Are the clouds rolling in or is the sun about to shine through? 
 Goliath clouds dispersed through the landscape

 The clouds darkened and it felt like it was going to rain for awhile.
 The clouds formed and parted, but the weather held...
 This reminds me of PEI 
 Picturesque 
 Fields and trees
 More trees...  Reminds me of Saskatchewan
This shoulder is out of this world!
Reminds me of Northern Ontario! (although admittedly a little better) 
 little lake
 Rolling hills
 Beautiful!

 Also reminds me of Northern Ontario

  Beautiful wispy clouds!

 A little choppy on the lake


 This was the big surprise as I entered Halifax!!
 The road to my host
The Hamburgler stole my money!
 Off the road just a little bit before I reach the house!
My gracious hosts take me for a drink in a local place

No comments:

Post a Comment