Tuesday 11 September 2018

Day 106 - Vancouver to Victoria

After a short visit with my brother and family, I cycled back from his house to Victoria, just as I had done some months before, yet something had changed in my perspective. The whole world felt more open somehow. I felt as though my perception and openness had changed through the meaningful experiences of the trip.

It was a hazy cycle and the air quality was affected by some forest fires in the area. I definitely felt a sharpness in my lungs as I crossed the Alex Fraser Bridge and meandered my way to the ferry.

In usual fashion, I met another group of people on the ferry and exchanged stories. When we got off on the other side (they were cyclists) we joined up on the trip home and all went for some fish and chips.

I arrived home to an enthusiastic and emotional mother who was just waiting for me to get back from my trip. As I recounted the trip, showing her pictures from this blog, I thanked the universe for having such an opportunity as this.

 Crossing the Alex Fraser Bridge
  
 Ferry back home



 Meeting some new friends
 Final stretch
 Beautiful day on the trail
 Glimmer of downtown Victoria 
 Feeling Victori-us
 Ride for Rand

 Smiling-- I've come full circle 
 Victory Lap!
I'm home!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment