Sunday 9 September 2018

Day 90 - Destination New Glasgow!

Today, I woke up to my official motorcade out to New Glasgow.  It was a nice time and I met the local MP as well as representatives from the Aberdeen Palliative Care Unit. There were some speeches and then I was really surprised when I found out that my family had made a video to congratulate me for finishing my trip. It was really nice. I was overwhelmed with all the loving kindness. It was also a great feeling of accomplishment to finally reach my destination. 

I also realized that today was August 13th, 90 days from the beginning of my journey and somehow it was also my father's birthday! I couldn't have imagined a more meaningful day to end the trip which I did in honour of my father. At the end of the day a doctor who works in the palliative care unit invited us to dinner together and we all celebrated, sharing stories with each other about our journeys. 

Although my journey to the east coast had finished, I still needed to get to Halifax and complete my journey. In the end of the day I went back to Ian and Nancy Bos' house where they were hosting me and enjoyed a deep sleep knowing that I had reached my destination. They really took care of me. 

 Made it to my destination. What a wonderful welcome!
 Learning to "handle" my bike over time!
 Thank you New Glasgow!
Thank you so much to the Aberdeen Palliative Care Unit!!!!

 Dinner time at a beautiful place 
 Some of the best scallops I've ever had in my life
 Natural logs and cool space in this doctor's place...
 Another angle... 
 After dinner view... 
Thank you for everything :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment