Sunday 9 September 2018

Day 88 - Rest day in PEI

Today was a big rest day in PEI. I went with the three friends who I met on the previous day and we did a road trip around PEI from the easternmost point to the westernmost point and back again. It was really great to meet my new friends because we could get to know each other and I had a chance to jump into the ocean as well.

It was a great experience for me to go to different places that I wouldn't have seen on the island if I had just gone by bicycle. After spending the day travelling about with my new friends, we returned back to the hostel, but not before eating a delicious meal of Lobster on a bun and and seeing the sunset.

Tomorrow will be a big day, waking up early and cycling through the rain towards Nova Scotia.  My trip was wrapping up and it is something that I knew that I would have to get ready for.

In the car!
About to see the beach and swim in the ocean!
Making a pose
Beautiful vistas of PEI
Walking down the red dirt road to the beach!
Protected habitat
Grassy, sandy beach
I swam here
Such a beautiful day!
Another angle from the beach
A famous lighthouse on PEI
More beach
More grassland
The Eastern side of PEI
We climbed around these rocks and had a great time
We also went swimming here in the ocean where we did bridge jumping!
Some people were doing flips
Just watch out for riptide, my friend almost got sucked in!
Lobster time.... Men's bathroom sign -- Only on PEI
Famous place for lobster on a bun
long line
good deals
getting ready for sunset on the Western side of PEI
Not much to see in terms of sunset, but still really beautiful. 
Striking a pose, lol 
Just a faint glimmer of light as the clouds come in (foreshadowing)
Blurry picture of a fox we saw as we were changing spots.
Lighthouse on the Western side of the island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment