Sunday 9 September 2018

Day 91 - Rest in New Glasgow

Today is just a rest day in New Glasgow. In the morning I woke up and then went to the radio station to do an interview. It was nice--hopefully we could raise awareness for hospice. After that we did a tour of the hospital and the space that they've made for the Aberdeen Palliative care unit. After that I returned to home and had a nap for a couple of hours while waiting for Ian to come back from work for the day. We had a nice dinner and then did a tire dipping in the ocean. I remember lifting the bike with the gear down from the truck and feeling the pop as my front sprocket dug into my leg.  After cleaning the blood and patching up my leg we took the bike onto the beach and did finally dipped my tire into the Atlantic ocean. I got ready to go before going to bed because the following morning I would be travelling on towards Halifax. I might have reached my destination, but onward my trip continues :)

From inside the Hospice 
 I made it to the Atlantic!
 Sinking bike 
 Near the beach... 
 Path to the beach
 Following the path
 Almost there
 Look! No hands!
 Sunset on the Atlantic
 I feel like I have gone so far, but at the same time it feels so close to home... 
 Sunset!
 Tomorrow the journey continues ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment