Tuesday 11 September 2018

Day 94 - Rest in Halifax

Today was my rest day in Halifax. I spent the morning watching Net-Flix and then walked to Citadel Hill in the middle of the city. There was a nice museum and other interesting things there. After stopping there and a couple of other places, I made my way to the waterfront and had a nice time having a drink or two with new friends who I met during the day. There was a homeless youth outside of a Starbucks who asked for spare change to help him with his disability. We ended up sitting on the ground together and had a chat about life for half an hour. I left hoping that I could cheer him up a little because he was very bright and trying to get out of his situation, also feeling reflective about reaching the end of my journey. Afterwards I walked back to the house and said good night to my hosts. 

 Sunny cloudy day in Halifax!
 Clouds

 Water, trees, blue sky - perfecto

 Somehow reminds me of Victoria 
 Ocean life


 Getting excited for tomorrow!
 Welcome to the citadel!!!

  
 Welcome to Halifax


 What have these stone walls seen?

 One of my favorite views from the citadel
 A little piece of history...





 Historic Halifax

 The one and only Alexander Keith's brewery. 
Like the beer or not, you can find beer here that you can't anywhere else in the world. 
 Sunset fountain

 Sunset stoplight 
 As I walk back 
And say goodbye to the East as I begin my travel West

No comments:

Post a Comment