Saturday 5 August 2017

Days 65 to 71 - A Week of Rest in Montreal

I spent seven days of rest in Montreal. On the first day my Korean friend, Sora came from Quebec City and she stayed for two nights in Reg and Amber's house too. Sora and I had a chance to catch up and travel around the city and do the tourist stuff. We went and tried some of the famous food like poutine and smoked meat and traveled Old Montreal together. We also hiked up the mountain. It was really nice time visiting around day and night--Montreal is a cool city.

I also had a chance to do some things that I never thought were possible and Canada like take a couple of beer have them over lunch in the park. Apparently in Quebec it's no problem to buy some beer at the convenience store and then drink them in the park while having a meal with your friends. This is one way that Montreal is more liberal, I think, than a lot of the provinces in Canada that I've been to. It makes sense to me that people should be able to enjoy a drink and outside without having to worry...

There's a lot of artistic places in Montreal and it has a liberal feel to it.  On Sunday after Sora left, we went to a place called the tamtams where there was all sorts of stuff going on from people training in acrobatics to drumming circles and people doing LARPing, which is a kind of medieval reenactment fighting. It was really nice to see people enjoying time with eachother outside in the sun rather than staying inside.

I also went to to a show where they were playing folk music. This one guy was doing an act with two capos that was kind of cool. I had a really good week and enjoyed my seven days there but at the end of my time, I was ready, knowing that I only had about 1,500 km left to my destination. I prepared  for my departure and to continue on.

Fresh Oysters at the Market
Market
Park
Regal Reg
Poser
View of the city
Kaleidoscopic Colours
Walking to China town
Sharing smoked meat and poutine
Just for laughs
Notre Dame
Market
Sora watching the Ferris Wheel at Old Port
I'd like to see Bob Ross paint this tree...
Strength in Numbers
Museum at McGill
Show
Sunset
Willow at sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment