Saturday 5 August 2017

Day 74 - Saint Pierre les Becquets to Quebec City

Today I woke up at 3 a.m. and packed up my tent in the dark got everything ready and left towards Quebec City. It was really nice to see the sunrise as I cycled through the hilly area on the banks of the st. Lawrence River. The Twilight of night gradually transformed as the morning sun rose and not long after dawn, I made my way to the old bridge in Quebec City where I could cycle across.

Just as I got to the top of the bridge, this one Quebec City native stopped me and said, "Hey! you're traveling across Canada?", and from there we started talking. His name is Jaques and we started talking about life and cycling.

I felt so welcome in Quebec City right from the beginning, even before I crossed the threshold over the bridge. Jaques offered for me to stay with his family in  a place a little bit North of Quebec City and I really considered it, but I already had a place and declined for now. Instead, we planned on meeting to chat downtown later.  I spent the rest of my morning cycling through to where the dorm was and I found out why it was so cheap. The campus where I was staying was about 1 hour outside of downtown Quebec City by bus, so it was a little inconvenient to figure out how to get there the first time, but it was really beautiful and I really enjoyed my time in Quebec City. I was able to start exploring downtown from noon, but I'll put all of those pictures from exploring the city on to my next post because I think all of the tourism pictures fit together anyway.

In short, it was a beautiful 100km morning ride and I made it through to Quebec City which despite the flocks of tourists is one of the most beautiful cities for me on this whole trip.

Starting at 3am
The sun wants to rise
Almost there
Morning light
What a great greeting from daylight
These beautiful churches are everywhere
Hello sun
Down the shoreline road
To see what I can see
Enjoy the countryside
Crossing the bridge...
Apparently this is a bike path!

No comments:

Post a Comment