Saturday 5 August 2017

Day 63 - Rest day in Penatanguishine

Today Sonja's friends Samantha and Heather came to visit and Sonja took us around Penetanguishene and showed us the murals there. It was great resting after the previous days of long cycling. We played tourists as Sonja took us around town showing us the area. Sonja's murals are truly beautiful. She's a talentrd artist. We ended up going for lunch and then went to the beach.

Just as we were leaving the beach, I bought some ice cream and my wallet must have fallen out of my pocket, but we had returned to Penetang by the time that I realized my wallet was gone. We raced back and fortunately it was there with everything still inside of it.

It was nice to meet Samantha and Heather, and it was a really nice visit with with my aunt again. Tomorrow I'll head to Toronto and then from there hopefully make it to Ottawa.

Penitentiary Clouds
Sonja's mural 1
Sonja's mural 2
Left to right: Heather, Samantha, Sonja, Kane
Sonja and a winged friend
At the docks
Sonja's mural 3
With the boats
Sonja painted this boat
The beach
Beach
Sunny cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment