Saturday 5 August 2017

Day 72 - Montreal to Sorel Tracy

Today I woke up to the beginning of a new leg of my adventure this time with a send-off from Reg! It went well--we traveled through Montreal and then to a small town where we had lunch and then went down to the beach. At 4 p.m. I said goodbye to Reg-- we cycled 50 kilometers together and then I continued down the road, stopping at the Sorel-Tracy campsite. People speak French here and it's nice to listen to and even meet people who don't speak much English at all. Once or twice I met people who couldn't speak English, but could speak Spanish, so we ended up communicating in Spanish instead. I felt immersed in the culture here in Quebec. It was nice.

Anyway, this was my first camp--I'm on the road again!!!

My bike went on a diet-- look, it lost 30 lbs! 
From the bridge
The bridge to Laval
Quick pic
Stoic Reg
Cool-looking Church
These stairs are part of the official bike path

From the top of the stairs
Kind of cloudy today
But beautiful
Cycling through clouds of bugs
Beautiful!
Almost there!
Campsite

No comments:

Post a Comment