Thursday 25 May 2017

Day 8 - Three Lakes Region to Penticton

I woke up feeling refreshed and packed my bags taking my time as usual.

There were a couple of cyclists and park ranger who gave me  advice:

Apparently the trail condition improves after the dam up the road they said.

Apparently taking the trail allows cyclists to avoid switchbacks and hilly terrain on the gravel road.

Begrudgingly, I decided to take the trail. It was rough for awhile but I expected as much. As they said, the trail was a straight shot through and although I bailed a few times and broke another clip, I was able to pass the dam without any major problems.

After that was some of the best trail riding I've ever been on. I rode into Summersville with a smile on my face and started towards a campground. That was harder than  expected, so I ended up staying in Skaha lake in Penticton.

In the middle of the night there was a wind storm. I was busy making sure my stuff didn't fly away, but all is ok. My tent held fast.

Look at this slice of paradise
The road wasn't too bad
Here we go again! 
The trail gets better after the dam
Smooth sailing-- great cycling downhill
Campsite under water
Feeling good about this trail
All sorts of interesting terrain
Looking at the map to summerville
Way up
i
Going down
Skaha Beach in Penticton
Storm ? What storm?
Camp for the night

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing, and think of the story! And now you know how to fall in sand! Thanks for taking the time to update this blog, it's so fun to read. Keep it up! Your ride from Naramata to Osoyoos is insanely beautiful with those massive bluffs around Vaseux Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't gotten to the pics of Vaseaux lake yet, but just wait. Yesterday I rode from Naramata over the anarchist to Rock Creek about 120km

    ReplyDelete