Sunday 7 May 2017

Accommodation During the Trip

During the trip I have a tight budget for accommodations, and these days camping is more expensive than ever. Last week I went to Goldstream Park here in Victoria BC and it cost $35 dollars for the night, and that kind of cost simply isn't sustainable over the long-run.

Fortunately there are a lot of options for people in my situation.
In addition to popular programs such as:

Couch Surfing (For travelers on a shoestring)
www.couchsurfing.com

Warm Showers (Geared towards cyclists)
www.warmshowers.org

I also read an article which talks about alternatives to paid campsites in Canada and the USA. The end of the article has many links to different websites which were made for finding cheap and free camping accommodation:


https://www.freshoffthegrid.com/how-to-find-free-camping-usa-canada/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialWarfare

Also, I expect to do some wild-camping on the trip as knocking on doors to ask kind people across Canada to let me use their yard.

Next time: I'll explain the route I'll be taking across Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment