Friday 19 May 2017

Day 1 Victoria to Vancouver

After a lot of build-up to the beginning of he trip, I finally started in earnest. 

I took a lap aroud James Bay and the Parliament Buildings and head out on the lochside trail and caught the ferry.

On the other side of the ferry to tsawassen it was all good-- saw the most eagles i've ever seen near a mill and then saw a beautiful sunset--only I had a problem along the way. Against my better judgement I followed the signs to Vancouver and ended up at the entrance to the Massey tunnel in front of a no-bike sign and no turn around to get back. in order to escape, I took an emergency turn around which was under construction with live electricity and then had to jut out into heavy traffic with my 70kg bike. 

On the positive side, I was able to find the AlexFraser bridge and made it to my brother's house by 11pm.

My adventure has finally started! 







Lochside trail The ferry terminal
Quick selfie at the ferries
Somewhere on tbr way to the Massey tunnel
Sunset in Delta
Ride for Rand
Near the bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment