Friday 19 May 2017

Day 2 - 3 Vancouver to Cultus Lake

The trip to Vancouver and the previous days were so taxing on me that I took a mulligan on he second day. I slept until 4pm the next day, only taking a break to walk my nephew to school.  

Afterwards, I went to Commercial drive to get last moment items and stretch my legs. Half of  me was doubting my resolve on such a grand uundertaking as this, but I pushed those thoughts aside and continued.  

Day 3 at 7:30am, I caught the skytrain to King George station on the outskirts of Vancouver and rode to Cultus lake via the highway and country roads.  The freeway was so intense that I was stopped by someone who kindly suggested I take an alternative route. I did end up doing exactly that from Abbotsford.

The long-weekend traffic wasn't nearly as bad when I got off the road. I made it to cultus lake without probems-- feeling good in body and mind.

King George Station Ready to Go
At the gate
 Beautiful Country Roads
Almost there!
My home for the night
Special rice
Spicy hotdog soup
Sunset on the lake

No comments:

Post a Comment