Monday 22 May 2017

Day 4 - Cultus Lake to Othello

Waking up in Cultus Lake, I felt like my trip had finally started! My destination was Othello, a small area north east of Hope. I continued to take the country roads for the most part ratherthan worry too much on the highway. 

Eventually I did get on the highway, and my brother was kind to get a campsite for me as they passed Othello on their way to their own vacation.

It was a slow start for me but I got to Hope at 5:30, ate some dinner and then got on the Trans Canada Trail.

It was my first time off the road, so I was worried about bears at first.

I remember cycling through with rand's music playing and bells jingling.

The tunnels were a breathtaking experience, certainly worth the experience .

I arrived at the campsite just before dark.


Turning onto the TCT
The Trail
Beautiful view from the trail
Othello Tunnel (Lost my thermos in here)
Posing for tourists
Interesting Campsite
Random hut on the Road
My camp for the night

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I look forward to more pics of your last couple of days! Thanks for these updates, Kane!

    ReplyDelete