Monday 11 September 2017

Day 80 - Perth-Andover to Meductic

I woke up in the info booth area around 5am after only a few hours of sleep and made my way down to the Tim's close to there. I felt really tired from the last three days of hard riding and little sleep so I took my time in the restaurant. I also had a problem with my stomach feeling out of sorts; however, a little coffee and breakfast helped to settle things...

Once I was on the road, it turned out to be a scorcher and I enjoyed the heat radiating off the pavement.

For lunch, I stopped at a place called Florenceville-Bristol which is apparently famous for its potatoes. There was a chip stand selling intense poutines and I got one. It was about $12.00, but it had all kinds of meat and cheese inside. I ate 2/3 of it and then saved the last bit for later.

After lunch I continued on to a place called Woodstock and in the distance I saw some terrible clouds coming my way so I ducked into town and found shelter. It turned out to be an intense thunderstorm moving directly overhead. The ground shook and the rain wipped me at near horizontal angles until they finally subsided.

At this time it was approaching dusk and I was hungry again. I went to my home away from home, but realized that not only Tim's, but the whole town had lost power due to the thunderstorm.
While I was there I met a new friend, Melanie and her son. Thanks for your support you two!

I ate my twice-baked now souring poutine leftovers and continued through the Woodstock native reserve and then up from Meductic to the main highway again.

There was a gas station with power and everything I needed and so I found a place with the station near and wild camped for the night having done another 110km.

My short camp from the previous night

Hilly New Brunswick, Canada

Climbing

Dubious clouds, but not really raining yet...

Looks nutritious, right? 

Saw these everywhere!

Now this is better weather....

Nice looking fields 

Oh, somethings changing with the weather...

Beautiful... and yet, I need to get out of here before it rains!

POV, thunderstorm ready...

The thunderstorm put the whole town out of electricity...

The rainbow shows the end of the storm...

On my way to Meductic at dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment