Wednesday 27 September 2017

Day 85 - Sussex to Hopewell Rocks

Surprise! Today was rainy day again, as I rode my bike through the Fundy National Park to Hopewell Rocks in New Brunswick. I didn't actually get a chance to see the rocks themselves (that would be tomorrow), but they were very close to where I was camping at the end of the day. 

Keeping with the pattern that has been presenting itself since I got off of the main highways in Fredericton, there were some scary hills, but the road through this section of the road (see yesterday's post for contrast) was okay with nice shoulders.

I would say that the hardest section was entering the Fundy National Park. Also, I really wished at that time that it were a little bit better weather because I was feeling a bit chilly. And then there was the view. As I was on my way down from the Fundy National Park to Alma, I came across a viewing point, but it unfortunately hadn't cleared up enough to do the majestic place that it was any justice. I had to snap a couple of pics and then give up for the moment as I continued down the road.

I made it down the hill and ate another delicious, but overpriced meal of seafood and then stopped at a small café called "The Octopus's garden". The weather didn't relent during my coffee, so I just slogged along in the rain until eventually later on in the day it subsided.

Actually, it was a nice moment for me to experience the rain easing up and the sun starting to shine. There's always a moment when the steam rises up from the pavement and suddenly its like a sauna for a little while. I like natural saunas I suppose (haha). There's also something special which I have trouble describing in this blog about the way the nature around me also changes with the shifting weather. Nature was a constant for me, and I both enjoyed it and learned a lot from it, like in this case to be flexible and adaptable in life.

The rain had ended and I warmed up to the glow of sunset as I rode into my 40 dollar campsite. If only the shower had a nozzle.

Anyway, the campsite wasn't so bad, and I made some friends who offered me food and wine.

As always I'm filled with gratitude by the people around me offering their kindness.
Rainy Sussex!

On the road to Fundy National Park

Up and down

If this were a sunny day it would have been a really nice view!
From the top of Fundy National Park 

Welcome to Alma

Alma Chowder

These boats can only leave at certain times of the day because of the tide changes

Swimming in the rain, I want to go to the octopus' garden for a coffee...

Following the weather up the coastline

Some beautiful views to be had for sure...

Looking good

You see this guy everywhere in one form or another in Atlantic Canada.

Flowing down the road

Little glow of sunshine

Fields and water in the background...

Shifts in the clouds. Sunny day tomorrow

Almost at my campsite!



No comments:

Post a Comment