Monday 11 September 2017

Day 81 - Meductic to Fredericton

I woke up in my little camp on the hill, feeling refreshed and ready to go, but first there was the matter of stopping at the gas station for some breakfast.

There were a bunch of people there in the local coffee shop / restaurant. It seemed like a regular gathering spot that they had set up there. Before long we were all chatting and I had an opportunity to ask questions about the new route which I was deciding on to end the trip now that I had decided to end the trip in New Glasgow. After some contemplation, I decided that I'd take a roundabout trip around the Bay of Fundy and work my way up to PEI to spend a few days there before reaching Nova Scotia via ferry. In an act of kindness, one man gave me some pancakes and another gave me 20 dollars to go towards eating lobster. Thank you to everyone.

With that out of the way, I followed their route suggestion, going off the highway towards Kings Landing on my way towards Fredericton. While I was on the way, the weather was nice and soon I found it irresistible to swim, so that's what I did.

Eventually, I made it to King's Landing, which unfortunately appeared to be a tourist trap. Not to say that it wouldn't have been nice... but 17 dollars to go to a recreated pilgrim village is a little....

Anyway, I continued along and easily made it to Fredericton in the nick of time because the weather started to shift. Thank you to my hosts Mike and Kathy for not only letting me stay, but also preparing mussels and lobster for me--among the best meals in my life.

Today 100km was enough. I made it to Fredericton, NB!

My campsite: nobody even noticed I was there!

Goodbye Meductic...

River 

Following the river along to King's Landing

Good spot for a swim.

And a post-swim dryathon.

So much hope...

The highlight of my stay at King's Landing

Almost there!

I thought the clouds looked pretty here. 

Trail all the way to Fredericton

The parliament building

Happy to make it to my destination!

Bridge over the river

Dinner

Dinner

Making friends

No comments:

Post a Comment