Sunday 2 July 2017

Day 37 - Moosejaw to Regina

I left Moosejaw in the late morning with hugs and goodbyes from my aunt and uncle. I was sad to go because I felt like I had already reached my destination, but we know the truth... Actually, I was still less than half way.

It took a little bit of coaxing, but I mustered my motivation and started on my way with a trip to Timmy's for the WiFi to ask where my cousin's house was in Regina. But while I was there, I had an interesting experience. I met a native guy who was clearly having a rough time. It didn't look like he had very much money and may have been homeless, and he asked me about my bike trip. After I told him, he started to tell me his story of how he saw his dad get shot by the police after a chase when he was a kid and how it affected him. He offered to give me his coffee because he said that he wanted to help me in some way. I couldn't accept and told him to drink his coffee, but I was really touched by the fact that he would offer me that and a toonie he found on the ground. Sometimes I have trouble when I feel like the roles are reversed. He was trying to support me, but in that moment I really wanted to help him.

Next I went to the Hub, a local meat shop and received a big bag of beef jerky as a donation from them. I was really appreciative of their help. Thanks!

I remember that the wind was gusting quite hard but fortunately this time it was gusting in the direction I was going--east. I left Moosejaw quite late but I arrived really quickly because of the weather. Two hours later I was in front of the legislative buildings in downtown Regina. 
I rode my bike to my cousin GJ's and he was really kind to me. In my life I haven't had many opportunities to spend time with my cousins  aunts, and uncles around Saskatchewan, but everytime I go to visit I'm always welcomed enthusiastically and with open arms. I'm very appreciative of everything they did for me.

On the road again!
I can almost smell the canola in the fields
The Regina Legislative buildings 
River View
River View
The Building

No comments:

Post a Comment